Some of the blessings are the same, as they always will be. But as with each year, things change and there are new blessings.
So here is this year’s list of 35 Blessings…
1. a gracious and faithful God
2. my husband who works hard everyday to provide for us
3. Grace- for her sweet spirit, her imagination, her compassion
4. Owen- for his determination, his rough and tumble boyishness, his strength
5. my parents- always supportive in any way they can be
6. my sis- you knucklehead, I’ve had two babies, what more do I have to do to get you to move back to this side of the country?!?!?
7. my in-laws (the whole lot of them)
8. that my husband, my mom and my sister are my best friends
9. that I have a small core group of friends who I can always turn to
10. that my children are healthy- even with the week we have had with Owen, I know they are in good hands
11. Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”- While it is so easy to question what God’s plan for us really is, I KNOW He has one and that is comforting.
12. my new friends that I have met in our new town, specifically Linda, Melissa and Raylene. This year here has been infinitely easier with them.
13. my new nephew, I have another one that arrived in January!
14. That our BELOVED Oregon Ducks went to the National Championships, and really not even that, just that the season was so amazing, it has been a fun year to be a fan
15. that both my kiddos are snugglers, Grace came to it late and Owen has always been one
16. that God is giving me the strength again to sell/pack up a home and move. Not something I thought I could do again, especially so soon.
17. That I found (obviously with God’s leading) a job in our new town that I love, the people are amazing and supportive and that Owen is in a safe place there
18. that my uncle (Mom’s brother) survived a car accident and being trapped in his car for a day and a half
19. that my only living grandparent (Dad’s Mom) just celebrated her 91st birthday earlier this month
20. that we live in a safe community
21. health insurance – that we have it, and it is sufficient
22. that food is plenty for us – Proverbs 30:8 “Give me neither poverty nor riches,” he asked, “but give me only my daily bread.”
23. that I am in better shape than when I turned 34
24. that we have a nice library in our town that Grace loves to go to to get “fairy books”, that she loves to read
25. that Danny’s hunting partners got 2 elk and deer this year and shared with us even thought Danny hadn’t been able to go with them, lots of meat in the freezer!
26. Mochas…seriously, this still makes the list. In particular for the $1.50 mochas at the nearby coffee stand
27. that my kiddos love listening to Christian music on KHPE, it makes my heart happy when they sing along
28. the kiddos in my classes at school- I wasn’t sure that I would like trading in my free, childless time for spending time with 16 3 and 4 year-olds, but it has been so much fun and boy are they sweet!
29. it is spring which means the daphne is blooming
30. that we have two cars that run
31. Ann Voskamp’s Book “One Thousand Gifts”
32. 2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV) For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
33. watching Owen have his first best friend
34. a dear friend of our passed in July after a long fight with cancer. Bobby was a huge blessing, his smile, his attitude, his outlook on life. We miss him.
35. another year with my sweet family