Today I am 34. I started a new birthday tradition last year and I will continue it this year.
Some of the blessings are the same, as they always will be. But as with each year, things change and there are new blessings.
So here is this year’s list of 34 Blessings…
1. a gracious and faithful God
2. my husband
5. my parents
6. my sis
7. my in-laws (the whole lot of them)
8. that my husband, my mom and my sister are my best friends
9. that I have a small core group of friends who I can always turn to
10. that my children are healthy
11. that Danny found a job that he loves
12. our new home- that we were able to buy a home instead of renting
13. Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
14. Grace’s sweet spirit and Owen’s determination
15. that both my kiddos are snugglers, Grace came to it late and Owen has always been one
16. that God gave me the strength to find us a new home, pack up the old one and to move. Not something I thought I could do
17. my “old” neighbors- I can’t take this one out. My sweet neighbors have called me faithfully to make sure we are transitioning to our new home. I miss them. Terribly.
18. that last year on my birthday my husband’s cousin had a little baby boy. My own birthday buddy! Happy First Birthday Keaton!
19. the ladies that I have met through the Beth Moore Bible studies that I have been a part of for the last 4 years. They have stood in the gap for me through many things.
20. that we actually know some folks in our new town and even our neighborhood (and they are nice!). It helps me not feel so alone.
21. health insurance – Danny’s new job has FANTASTIC insurance. We are very blessed.
22. tax refunds- very nice this year:)
23. my new nephew
24. that I live in a beautiful state that doesn’t have tornadoes or hurricanes…
25. that we live in a safe community
26. Mochas…I have been addicted since my freshman year of college which was…15 years ago, seriously this falls under the blessing category, if no one had invented these, well I don’t even want to think about that.
27. that my babies sleep about 10 hours straight at night
28. that when I added our internet back this fall I was able to get us free long-distance which is super nice now that we have moved to a new town
29. it is spring which means the daphne is blooming
30. that we have two cars that run
31. that food is plenty for us
32. Isaiah 26:30 “You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.”
33. in moving I got to unpack all the boxes of books that have been in storage for 5 years. I’ve got some reading to do! It’s like seeing some old friends, I know some of you understand, however, not my husband:)
34. that Toot and Treebie have a new home, my in-law’s…No more frozen chicken water and cleaning up chicken poop!